NOTICE TO THE RESIDENTS OF NORTH CORPORATION STREET
On March 29, 2022 the Newville Borough Council issued a “Notice to Proceed” to New Enterprise Stone and Lime Company, Inc. of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. The contractor has been awarded a bid in the amount of $197,000 to complete the following improvements on North Corporation Street to include:
- Replacement of storm water inlets and drainage pipe
- Installation of ADA curb ramps at intersections
- Select curb replacement in areas designated by the borough
- Base repair of deteriorated asphalt
- Milling of the street to establish a drainage profile
- Resurfacing of North Corporation Street, along with sections of Cove Avenue and Little League Avenue.
During the course of the construction, sections of North Corporation Street may be closed during the day and then re-opened to traffic at night. Temporary parking restrictions will be in place, especially near the intersection with Green Street where the storm drainage system will be replaced. The borough estimates that it will take the contractor up to 30 days to complete the project.
The improvements are funded by a $200,000 Community Development Block Grant made possible by the Redevelopment Authority of Cumberland County and the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners.
Questions concerning the project may be referred to the Borough Office at (717) 776-7633 or by email to email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Fred A. Potzer